30 Jul Practical Tips for Focusing on the Right Work
Is this you?
You turn up on Monday morning, grab yourself a coffee then launch head long into a series of meetings.
Then – before you know it – IT’S WEDNESDAY! The ‘To Do’ list morphs into a myriad of activities that arise from those meetings and your anxiety increases as the work you wanted to do – the RIGHT WORK – falls further and further away…..
Taking control can be as simple as forming the habit of these two reflective activities:
Friday – 3:00pm
For 20 mins reflect on the week that has been:
- What have I achieved in my work relationships and the results I wanted?
- What have I learned from my work relationships and the results I achieved?
- What did I provide that was useful to my work relationships?
Now focus on the week ahead:
- What do I need to focus on to achieve the results I need?
- What do I need to focus on to empower the relationships that I have?
This simple focus exercise can then be shared with the whole team coming together for a stand up huddle – and allows alignment of thinking and preparation for the week ahead.
Monday – 9:00am
Begin the week with a review of Friday’s list. Pay focused attention to what is important and identify the potential ‘de-railers’ before being caught up in the busyness of the work-week.
Do you have any ideas – what works for you? It is usually the simplest things that have the biggest impact.
Share your tips and results below in the comments!